Introducing Rawvelo Recipes - a series of fun, nutritious and practical recipes for inspiration as part of your active lifestyle. Direct from our ambassadors to you, these dishes and snacks will have you primed for your next adventure.
The next recipe comes from ultra runner and ambassador Ben Turner, an MNU certified nutritionist, who shares his favourite morning porridge recipe with a twist.
- 75g oats
- 50g water
- 50g coconut milk
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 mango
- 1/2 red chilli (no seeds unless you like the kick!)
- 1tsp honey
- 50ml water
- 1 tbsp Flaked coconut
- Combine the porridge ingredients in a pan and bring to a gentle simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- For the topping, roast the flaked coconut in a hot dry frying pan until brown and fragrant. Put to one side.
- Dice the mango and add to the frying pan with the water and chilli, stewing until soft.
- Serve the porridge, topped with the mango, coconut flakes, and a scoop of coconut yogurt.
Porridge is not just for the Scottish! This is a delicious and slightly different take on the staple breakfast! With a chilli kick and the tone of coconut, this gives a distinctly oriental vibe, and is an absolute winner for a fancy Saturday brunch!