Introducing Rawvelo Recipes - a series of fun, nutritious and practical recipes for inspiration as part of your active lifestyle. Direct from our ambassadors to you, these dishes and snacks will have you primed for your next adventure.
Ultra endurance runner Ben Turner brings you this latest recipe for a delicious Salmon Noodles dish, with a great balance of protein and carbs, created from a simple list of ingredients. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 nest egg noodles
- 1 fillet salmon
- 1 chopped pak choi
- Hand full of chopped mange tout
- Handful of Chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
- Slice and pan fry the salmon with the sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients while the noodles are still cooking.
- Without straining the noodles, using tongs, lift and drop the noodles into the frying ingredients - you want some noodle water at this point.
- Stir fry for 2-3 mins, adding more soy and mirin if necessary.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds.
This is a staple in my household and one of those recipes where all the ingredients are always in the cupboard and fridge. Don’t be limited with ingredients, add more veg, exchange salmon for tofu, go nuts.
The more ingredients you add, the more liquid ingredients you will need to keep the flavour strong and delicious.