Introducing Rawvelo Recipes - a series of fun, nutritious and practical recipes for inspiration as part of your active lifestyle. Direct from our ambassadors to you, these dishes and snacks will have you primed for your next adventure.
The first of the series is from Rawvelo Ambassador and long-distance triathlete, Holly Mei Jones and her favourite banana bread.
I’ve been making this banana bread recipe for years! It’s perfect for snacks, a dessert or to take with me on long rides, but more often than not, I stick to the Rawvelo peanut butter energy bars on rides now.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 70g oil (melted coconut / sunflower / vegetable) OR 35g oil 35g peanut butter
- 100g soft brown sugar / coconut sugar / caster sugar
- 210g Self Raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 100g Seeds/nuts/ chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan oven.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl or on a chopping board, then mix in the sugar and oil.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and sprinkle over toppings.
- Bake for 45 mins (if it starts browning on top too much, cover with tinfoil until baked). Check it’s cooked by putting a skewer in the middle and comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15mins before removing from the loaf tin and eat!
All that's left now is to enjoy.